Copyright SB RAS

SB RAS

 
     
 

The Siberian Branch, an overview

Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences was established in 1957. The initiative originated from Mikhail Lavrentyev, Sergei Sobolev and Sergei Khristianovich. Mikhail Lavrentyev became its founding chairman. The Siberian Branch incorporates the organizations of the Russian Academy of Science located in Siberia.

The organizations within the Siberian branch include fundamental and applied research institutions and production facilities of the Russian Academy of Sciences and service departments that support the infrastructure of research centers established in multiple locations all over the territory of Siberia.

Research centers are established in Novosibirsk, Tomsk, Krasnoyarsk, Irkutsk, Yakutsk, Ulan-Ude, Kemerovo, Tyumen, and Omsk, individual research institutions are located in Barnaul, Biisk, Chita, and Kyzyl. The Siberian Branch encompasses 75 research institutions working in different areas of physical, mathematical, chemical, and biological sciences, Earth sciences, humanities and economical science (see the searchable database SB RAS Organizations). The central location of the Siberian Branch is Novosibirsk.

The Siberian Branch has 29631 employees (according to the data from 01.05.2012). There are 8878 researchers, of whom 155 are members of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 1853 hold the degree of Doctor of Sciences and 5075 hold the degree of Candidate of Sciences.



Interview with academician Alexander Leonidovich Aseev
(the interview was recorded at the First International Forum on Nanotechnologies, Moscow, taking place in December, 2008).

The history of Siberian branch of Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS)

Meeting of Consultative Scientific Council Skolkovo, May 17-18, 2012, Novosibirsk
Academician A.L. Aseev, Chair of Siberian Branch of RAS:
Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences: Status, Research and Development

   
       

Copyright SB RAS